Saturday, September 10, 2005

A Little More Upbeat

So, I walk into the station friday, having a bad day as usual. In a funk about the woman I mentioned in the previous posting (We'll call her Wolfie, she suggested that nickname). So I come in and I see Shane (Afternoon Drive) Kim (mid-days) and Marnie (former Afternoon Drive on former Star 106.3 - It got flipped to a JACK FM type of format), and I start talking to them. Now I'm not too bad off. Not like walking zombie moaning an complaining about my woes in my love life. I'm a little upbeat.

So Shane comes over to me and asks me if I knew I was doing a remote on saturday. I'm thining he means friday, but I then realise that today is friday and that tommorrow is saturday. So I figure, ok, I'm running a remote, no biggie. Then he corrects me. No, I'm DOING the remote. Which means I am gonna be the guy on the air.

{INSERT HAPPY WHOOPING SOUNDS HERE}

So after 13 years, I finally get to do a remote. Now I know some of you are gonna say "13 years?!?! And you never did a remote?". That's right. Cuz the station I was at for the last 11 years, hardly did any and if they did, it was Jack (Scott) or Steve (Savage) that did them. So, I finally got one under the belt. I think I did ok. But I'm holding out on celebrating till I get the final word from any peers that were listening in.

The remote was to get listeners to come to the mall and buy gift cards from the retialers in the mall and donate them to the Red Cross and Salavation Army to give to Katrina evacuees that are comeing to Rapid City, so they could get clothes, tolietries and other things they would need. But the real cool thing was that 8 stations, including us, all came together to do this. We even did a little thing on Magic 93.9 where all the jocks there got interviewed on the air. So that was pretty cool.

I did leave a voicemail for Wolfie to come out to the remote and see me or stop by and just say hi, but she mentioned that her phone has been acting strange. And it has hung up on me a couple times when her and I were talking. So I don't know if she even got the message.

But all in all. It was a pretty good day. I picked up a movie i've been wanting to see, Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. Neil Patrick Harris.. FUNNY!!! But $200 for leaving love stains in the back seat? Dude.. I would want at least $400 for the emotional damage.

10 days till Terry and I go back to New York. I'm both excited and kinda worried. I still haven't seen or talked to Wolfie since that phone call last week, when I asked her to call me before she headed into work. Ok.. am I being parnoid here?

But to leave this post on a happy note, I think I rocked on my remote. AWSOME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home