Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkey Nap

First, to those from the U.S. that celebrate, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! For those that don't, you're probably bitching cuz all the stores are closed. Sorry. And to those around the world, just a quick question... What are you thankful for?

See this doesn't have to be just an American holiday. Oh no. People can be thankful any time of the day or year! And just because you're not an American (We won't hold it against ya :P) does that mean you shouldn't be thankful? What are Isreali's thankful for? How about the Palastinians? Or the other arab nations? How about China? India? South Africa? The U.K.? France, Germany, pick a country or nationality. You don't even have to be christian!!! Athiest can be thankful too, just to no one in particualr. :D

Maybe if Thanksgiving was a world wide holiday, things would be a little more sane. Why can't a muslum be thankful to Allah for his family and friends? Why can't a Taoist be thankful for his place in nature? There is no reason to NOT be thankful for anyone! And so, with that thought and the idea that there is still hope in the world, here are a few things I am thankful for...

  1. My daughters.
  2. My Mom and Dad
  3. My sisters and their families
  4. The friends I made in South Dakota
  5. My friends here in New York
  6. Those that I care about. They made me who I am today and still help to shape me.
I could go on and on, but believe it or not, the space on the internet would be finite for my list. So with that, I'll wish one and all a Happy Thanksgiving. And ask you all again, what are you thankful for?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Julie said...

Lets see Im Thankful for my children and thats hard to say now cause of my son being gone..my parents and my brother..my neice who is still full of wonder..my kids arent wondering much anymore..my extended family..my friends and most of all God.withput him there would be nothing..and life iteself always ann adventure...

Thursday, November 24, 2005 9:49:00 AM  
Anonymous Kailee said...

hi uncle richie! hehe well im thankful for my family (yes the entier thing!..sorry nota great speller teehee :-P) and im also thankful for my loving boyfriend....and ur prolly gunna say "ih your too young to say that" but i hate when family does that! lol but im glad i have everything i do today...and im also thankful for my friends bc without them i dont know what id do!!! i think id go CrAzY! lol well bye bye! :-P

Thursday, November 24, 2005 10:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Shoot3rs said...

Besides being thankful for my Family and friends, I'm thankful for you (Rich). You have been a very bright spot in my dreary life and you always make me smile. I can always count on your arms to hold me when I'm feeling down. You make me very happy. I'm thankful to habe You and terry in my life and hope you always will be.

Thursday, November 24, 2005 6:26:00 PM  
Blogger Julio said...

I'm thankful that I live on my own and don't have to live with any of my freaky relatives. I'm thankful that people think enough of me to try to hook me up. I'm thankful for my doggy, my family, my incredibly awesome friends, and God. Is that enough?

Thursday, November 24, 2005 10:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Matt said...

Well rich, I am thankful for my child on the way. I am also thankful that Target did not schedule me for black friday. I am not thankful that my fake tooth fell out yesterday and now I have to get it permanently cemented in for the 2nd time, damn motorcycle accident. I will look like a hick until monday. I am thankful rich is not in sd anymore, just kidding buddy. Have a good holiday season, that is all I can think of at the moment.

Friday, November 25, 2005 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home