Thursday, March 16, 2006

RANT: The Mighty WKRP, BOOOOOGER!!!!!

Well, I've been a busy little DJ lately. Working between Lite 98.7 and WENT has been trying but fulfilling. Seems the radio career is starting to get to where I want it to be. I've been filling in now again the weekday day-parts and seems like that is adding up to more fill in work, as I'll be covering Annie Croakly's mid-day shift on BigFrog 104. Just call me Captain Kermit. LOL

But anyways... On to what I wanted to talk about here.

The MIGHTY WKRP! Yeah. I loved that show. Still do. But thanks to the legal bullshit that the RIAA likes to pull on people, it's scared 20th Century Fox from wanting to release the show on DVD, because of all the music that was incorporated into the show. And they are reluctant to release edited version because research shows fans would rather have the unedited versions of the show then one without the music. So I guess you could say this is a bash against the RIAA. They bitch and moan and whine they are losing money because of file sharing, so they fire off thousands of lawsuits, clog up the court system and intimidate people into settling these suits or hit them with multi million dollar copyright violations. Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you.

Now being in radio, I think I have kind of a interesting perspective on this, and I would love to know what my fellow jocks think on this too...

Why isn't the RIAA getting the idea that digital distribution is the way to go. They kept saying that it wouldn't work. And when Apple came to them with iTunes, they figured it would flop and they would prove their point. Well we all know what happened there. Now they want charge you more based on if a song is new or popular or not. Um.. guys...

IF THE WHEEL AIN'T BROKE DON'T FIX IT!!!

But it seems greed is the only religion the folks at the RIAA know. So what is my point you ask? Simple. Beat the RIAA at their own game. Buy music from independent labels, or from iTunes. If they up the price, drop your subscription and let them know why. Don't bother with those "licensing" music sites, that let you only listen to the music till your subscription runs out. THAT IS RIDICULOUS! You bought it, you listen to it the where you want, how you want. Don't let the establishment dictate what you can and can't do. Last I checked, this is the United States of America, and we have this little thing called freedom and free enterprise. And both can be used to fight back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home