Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Now, by nature, I'm a private man. I don't share a lot of my personal life with people. Especially on here! It's just how I am. If I'm asked about a specific thing in my life, 9 times out of 10 I'll tell you about what happened. So me putting all this out there, is a rare happening. So read this now before I change my mind and take it down...

Today is my birthday. I'm 35. Woo Hoo! Usually, my birthdays pass and are uneventful. The last few were spent in South Dakota and nothing really happened. And before that.. Well, I can't remember them, so I'm either getting old or they were that memerable. The point being, the last few sucked! But this year, something special happened. I got a card and some chocolate chip cookies, from someone that, day by day, is becoming more and more special to me. I'm not going to mention names, but her and I have been seeing a lot of each other when we can. And the time we've spent together has been far from boring.

Talking to her online makes my day better, and seeing her in person makes me feel very fulfilled inside. It's been a long time since I was this happy, and God help me I don't want it to end. She's so damn beautiful! And I'm referring to her inner beauty. The way she is, and her outlook on the world. Not to say she's not a looker, because yeah she is a looker! In my book, she's a hottie, and that is all that counts! But physical beauty is just the outside shell that encapsulates the best part of her. Her soul.

When I first met her, she was kind of shy and reserved. Sometimes I am too depending on the situation. But the more I got to talk to her and get to know her little by little, the more I liked her. I like making people laugh and those that know me, know I can make people laugh. And she is no exception. She has her own sense of humor that makes me smile and laugh too. That's very important. If you can't laugh at life, then you'll never make it out alive. But, it didn't take long before I wanted to ask her out to dinner. And I hoped she would say yes. When she did, I started to get the impression she liked me as well. When she bought me a bag of Swedish Fish, I knew she was interested in me.

I left her just a few hours ago, and man, let me tell you how hard that was! Took me 20 minutes to get in my own car so I could come home! But I could see something in her face. Like she was thinking about something. I don't know what, and I asked her, but she said it was nothing. But I could see it. Maybe my mind was playing tricks? Maybe someday she'll tell me? Or I could be wrong. To be honest, I'm not in a rush to find out. But the look I saw, made me feel even happier then when I was just sitting with her, holding her in my arms earlier that night.

It what I call a "vibe". I seem to be good at catching vibes from others. And usually, I can sense what they mean, or are trying to convey. What does it all mean? Not sure yet.. But I hope it means more time with her, and more of her chocolate Chip Cookies!

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home