Saturday, April 01, 2006

I think so deep, I get stuck in the well!

OK, it's morning. Terry woke me up at the crack of whatever, and has since eaten and is now enjoying some Spongebob Squarepants action on the boob toob. Meanwhile, I sit here and do my usual thing. Check websites, read emails, compose replies, look at pictures, and field requests from Terry.

But today seems a little more calmer then usual. Since it's been winter, the window has been closed. But with the fantastic weather the last few days, I had no choice but to swing open the window and let nature come in. I left it open last night and now this morning, a slight breeze is blowing and rain is starting to fall. Listening to rain is, in my opinion, one of the greatest ways to relax. As a kid, I would go out under the car port of my parent's house and sit in one of the lawn chairs, looking into the street and watch the rain fall, and listen to it hit the metal roof. I could sit there for hours on end, and just feel my heartbeat slow as I found my inner calm. Peace was my bed and tranquility my blanket. Life seemed so simple during those times.

I lost those times not to long ago. I tried so hard to keep them, but it didn't work out that way. One day, maybe a week or so after we brought Terry home from the hospital, a hellaious thunderstorm rolled into town. Me loving that kind of stuff, and being a new dad wanted to share this first experience with my daughter. So I bundled her up, put a little hat on her and took her out on the front porch and sat in a chair with her while the rain fell and thunder and lighting performed it's show. I looked at Terry and told her there was nothing to be afraid of. That daddy was there and that is was something to enjoy. Nature at it's best.

Weird what something like rain will make you think of huh?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Julie said...

Rich you are such a sweet guy I'm amazed some women hasn't snatched you up and taken you away from all us mere mortals....

Saturday, April 01, 2006 10:06:00 AM  
Blogger Big Rich said...

And people bitch about my ego getting to big? I wonder how that happens?

Saturday, April 01, 2006 10:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Shannon said...

Gee I wonder???? Are you really too good to be true???

Sunday, April 09, 2006 7:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home