Friday, August 17, 2007

Hello World! It's Me Again!

After many moons of not having my VHF/UHF antenna up, I finally went to the hardware store, got some screws and shims. Then went to Radio Shack for 10' of mast to go with the 5' I already had, and some 4" brackets. Brought it all home and got ready to put up my antenna.

After some handyman work to put some wood in between the studs so the lag bolts could grab on to something, I attached the brackets and fastened down the mast. Put the antenna on the top and used a ziptie to hold the feed line down to make it look neat.

And now, I just finished testing it out. Works great! So I'm on the air on the 2 meter band again from the house! But it was a costly install. Time got away from me and I missed talking to Kim on MSN. So, even though I'm kicking ass on the air, I'm doing it from the doghouse.

But the antenna looks sweet right?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home