Sunday, September 19, 2010

Understanding America

I've been trying to keep myself busy lately, to keep my mind off a recent loss. And while trolling the recesses of Facebook and watching a mashup of the Old Spice commercials and Cthulhu, I came up with an idea for this post. Kim has said to me some time ago I should update my blog. So I am killing 2 birds, with one stone!

So I was thinking about how I could alleviate some tension in the world, and I came to the understanding that the people who hate America, just perhaps don't truly understand us. They get their news form THIER version of Fox News or some other slanted news source, and only see what they feed them. So, I have come up with an idea to help people like the Taliban and Al-Qaeda better understand us as Americans. Maybe show them that we're really not a bunch of worthless infidels at all. But I need your help. I need 10 movies that they could watch AND shows America at it's best! So please, contribute to my list, and help me help us. I'll get it started....


My first suggestion is The Blues Brothers, starring John Belushi and Dan Aykroyd. 2 brothers, trying to do God's work and save their old school from being closed, all while fighting Nazis and crazed American Country Western singers. (Yes, we have musicians here in America that sing BOTH kinds of music.) All this while evading the law and trying to clean their good name. This movie show "All American" values from the get go! It even has an awesome soundtrack to drive your car through a mall too! DAMN I LOVE AMERICA! I suspect even Tea Baggers would endorse this!




So I got it started , please contribute your ideas. And remember to let us know what values it brings out, that is best about America! I look forward to your submission!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home